- A chicken breast per person, cut into good sized chunks.
- Lemon Juice.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger combined with 2 finely grated garlic cloves.
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin, 1 teaspoon of red paprika, 3/4 of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- 6 tablespoons tomato ketchup.
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric and freshly ground black pepper.
HOW TO DO IT
Put chicken in a bowl, put in salt and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Prick the chicken all over with the tip of a knife, rub in salt and lemon juice and leave for 20 minutes.
Add all other ingredients and rub well in. Refrigerate for several hours, covered, or overnight.
Brush with a little neutral oil and cook under a hot grill for around 6 minutes a side, or on a barbecue.
Serve with a peanut dipping sauce or your favourite chutney.