- One rabbit, jointed and the flesh scored deep to the bone.
Lay it in a marinade composed of
- a large glass of dry white wine
- a coffee cupful of extra virgin olive oil
- a good squeeze or two of lemon juice
- two cloves of peeled and smashed garlic
- two sprigs of bruised rosemary leaves
- some salt and freshly ground black pepper.
HOW TO DO IT
Leave for a few hours, or overnight, then remove from marinade and place in a heavy roasting pan.
Place in an oven pre-heated to 180c and roast, basting often with the marinade, for about an hour until it is brown and succulent and not even The Godfather could refuse it.