- Half a pound of Chinese cabbage
- Half a pound of white radish
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (chopped)
- Half a tablespoon garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 spring onions (cut fine)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 hot green chilli (chopped fine)
- Half a teaspoon sugar
HOW TO DO IT
Cut the cabbage into 5cm slices and the radish into half a cm slices.
Put both into a bowl filled with one pint of salted water and leave for 12 hours.
Put the garlic, spring onions, sugar, salt, ginger and paprika into a bowl and mix.
Take cabbage and radish out of water with a slotted spoon and mix with seasonings.
Put the mixture into a large jug, pour the salt water over it and leave for five days.
Lift out the solids as and when you want them.