- 1lb of squid (tube parts only) or eight scallops split on the horizontal.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 ozs rocket.
- 1 lb new small new potatoes, cooked and peeled.
For the vinaigrette dressing:
- 1 tbsp lightly chopped coriander leaves
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp of fresh orange juice and 1 tsp of finely grated orange zest
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 fresh red chilli, cored, seeded and chopped fine
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
HOW TO DO IT
Slice squid into half-inch rings, toss in 2tbs oilve oil and season generously. Set aside.
Whisk orange juice, zest and balsamic together, then the olive oil in a slow stream. Add chilli, coriander, salt and pepper.
Slice the potatoes into thick rounds and add to the mix.
Preheat grill and place squid parts on a tray that will fit three inches from the heat source. Cook for about two minutes until the squid begins to sizzle and blister; turn and cook for another 30 seconds. If using scallops, no more than 30 seconds per side.
Put into the dressing, add the rocket, mix well and serve.